Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Opening Day

Monday was opening day of Turkey Season. Andi caught her dad leaving early and made it a little difficult on everyone. She was super worried that her dad was going hunting by himself.

Even when he explained to her that he was a "big kid" and could go all by himself and be okay she still wasn't sure but then informed us that when she got to be a "really big kid" then she could "drive to Leonard, then get out, then go hunting all by herself!"

So after a few minutes of explaining he was going to be okay again at 4:30 in the morning, Travis left and I got to deal with her! Next she was worried about Travis leaving in the dark, and then finally she cried/whimpered herself to sleep in my bed because her dad was gone.

Lucky for us, everything turned out okay. Travis got a turkey early and got to go hunting with Adam. I think that made Andi feel better :) She was all charm when he got home, gushing over his hunting clothes. "Dad, I really like your hunting hat, and I really like your hunting shirt, and your hunting pants!" Geez-she knows just what to say!

what is it?!

Opening morning turkey!

TJ going for the head- yuck!

dusting the turkey?


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Those little kiddos are in heaven! I guess when they get older Travis gets to take the kids hunting, and you get to have time by yourself...shopping maybe!!!

Nice turkey, Travis!

Melanie said...

how cute!